Mr. Gadalla has always been an admiration and inspiration to many, but what was the source of inspiration for this legend? Looking back at his work, it was obvious that the legendary film maker found inspiration in his beloved country.
“Sudan in Your Eyes”
For the theme of this competition, we encourage participant to go out and convey to us, through the art of picture, what Sudan is to them. We hope that through collecting Sudan and representing it through the eyes of its country men and women, we have preserved a piece of history for generations to come, as Mr Gadallah Gubara did.
The competition is open to all, amateurs and professionals. The photograph can be taken with your phone, DSLR, point and shoot, or anything you normally use to take pictures. Pictures taken with a phone will be evaluated separately.
The rules to apply to the competition are as follows:
- You must be at least 12 years of age
- The theme comes under Documentary Photography genre, meaning photographers are not allowed to use a photomanipulation software such as photoshop. Meaning they should rely solely on light rather than post production software.
- Only one photograph submission per participant for the competition.
- Apply via the following link https://goo.gl/forms/mAkKJUs4kQsB3QJ43 and filling the google form. Form must be completed fully along with a brief description of the photograph (max 200 words). Photograph submitted can be attached to the google form.
- Photographs submitted must be in JPEG form and be at least 2000 pixels wide.
- Deadline for application will be on 14/10/2018 at 23:30, any submission after this time will not be considered
- Winner announcement will be on the final day of the celebrations on 1/11/2018
- Camera photography category:
- Award prize
- $ 500
- A chance to be trained by Sudanese photographer Alaa Khair on hos next project
- Phone photography category
- Award prize
And Don’t worry, if you do not win the competition, there is still a chance your work will be selected to be displayed in the closing ceremony exhibition for others to admire and enjoy
If you wish to be inspired by the legend himself and get to know his works better, a photo exhibition of his works will be on display from 1st -13th of October 2018 at Impact Hub Khartoum.
By submitting your work to this competition, you agree to give the rights to the organizers to use the photographs presently and in the future (marketing purposes and for exhibitions)